If you are experiencing problems leaving a comment below each applicant, please email me at: crisuno@comcast.net with your comment, and I'll publish it for you.

Also, when leaving comments, leave your name/forum name at the end of your comment, so we know who left the comment.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

jaytthelegend

Team AM Fam is nothing but a great group of guys who share a common passion for dope kicks. The comradery and positive vibe within the AM Fam thread has helped it become the largest, and by far most successful thread within the NikeTalk community.

I think it’s time for me to apply for membership to the one and only Team Air Max Family. As most of you know, the name’s Jason, 24 from Hartford, CT. I just recently finished up with my BA in Business Management (6 year plan), and I’m currently employed at a local beer distributor.

I’ve been interested in sneakers since I was able to tie my shoes it feels like. My Grandmother would buy me a new pair of sneakers before every new school year. This felt like Christmas for me. The first pair of sneakers that I actually cared about was the Air Max Plus. I think I was around 13 when my parents found out that I had a sneaker problem. There was this pair of blue Air Max Plus in my Eastbay catalog that I was absolutely in love with. One night I racked up a massive long distance phone bill when I used 411 to find numbers to as many sneaker stores in the United States as I could, then called them all. Eastbay sold out of my size so I guess I decided to search the entire country for them. I gave up after asking several dozen stores across the country with no luck. A few days later I settled for a gray pair from Eastbay. I’m pretty sure this was my first pair of AM’s.

I started actually collecting when I was around 18. It was my freshman year of college when I started checking out various sneaker spots and started buying up everything that I could. With a lot of excess cash from let’s just say “extracurricular activities,” I would buy anything I thought looked good. I never was into JB, Forces or Dunks, I always wore runners. I found myself buying a lot of Air Max LTD’s and 90’s between 2004 and 2006. I am now mainly interested in 1’s, 90’s, 95’s and 97’s. As Jake, Shaun, and Jeremy know, it isn’t the easiest to come across older gems at TCA prices, being a sz. 13. I’m just waiting for those 3 to offload their collections and I think I’ll be all set. Seeing that most of the recent new releases have been garbage, I am now mainly looking to gather up older pairs that I missed out on. After a bunch of camp-outs and selling over 200 different pairs, this is what I have left for runners. It’s hard
to decide, but I’d have to say my favorite pair I still own are my Crepe 90’s.









I love this pic.........

13 comments:

  1. Heavy contributor...dope collection, you get my "Stamp".

    Cris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should of never looked at this app. Jason is a solid contributor and has a heavy collection of max's. Approved!

    Jeremy
    Circlelikewolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quoted from Chris (eastlasmokeshop)...

    "What up Chris give these two guys my stamp please thanks

    airkeung88
    jaytthelegend"

    ReplyDelete
  4. work for a brewery huh?

    well I'll wait to give you my stamp untill I see a case of beer on my doorstep...




    j/p lol

    you got my stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, funny how this cat trynna join the Fam now. He gave me ish for trynna get put on and now look at him(hahahahahaha). All good though mane, cause you contribute like a mofo. U got my stamp bruh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always contributing, collection is very dope...


    S T A M P E D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are the 2 90s in the upper right corner?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quote/vote from Justin (Mayehmgatz)

    "Wei(Airkeung)
    East(chalip)
    Jason(JTTL)
    Jordan(J2L)"

    ReplyDelete
  9. JTTL - Why the hell not......add my "Stamp" to your tally. Keep up with the contributions and represent!!!



    Mike TAK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jay...looks like just 3 more from Fam Members, then you're good as well. As of Board Members votes, you have me, Jus and Mike already, so you're good, just wait for the 3.

    Cris.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jay/Jason - I think you've become a solid and positive contributor and you have a few pairs I'm envious of. Those grey/white/navy bursts - beautiful. Stamped.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quoted from the TAF thread:

    "airkeung88 wrote:Jaytt- nice job on the restoration. came out clean.Not sure or how i could vote for you yet.If i could or can, you'll def. get my stamp.smiley: wink

    Baybully650 wrote:jay - just saw your collection...smiley: eek. Thought you were already FAM - you sure as hell got my vote.

    Modzzilla wrote:Jay aint a fam???
    + 1 And nice paint job dude.


    neukicks wrote:jay - you get my vote as well."

    Jay..it looks like you got the votes my man, WELCOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete